Friday, October 07, 2005

Waiting for Paint to Dry.....

Honestly- that is what I am doing. I'm painting a sign and I'm waiting between coats. Anyway, I've been reliving my baby days...My sister-in-law is in town with her 7 week old son, Jack. He's so sweet. I held him for HOURS the other day. I let my SIL take a nap (although I have a feeling she really didn't sleep). It was great to snuggle a little one again- but now I know for sure that our decision 3 years ago that our family was complete was a good decision. I was more than happy to hand him back to his momma. I love him to death, and of course I would take care of him if I ever had to, but I'm really happy that my own baby days are done. Maybe it is because Ethan has been difficult for me...he's getting better, but still a very active 3 year old. But I really think that I was designed to have 3 kids. Weird. Justin and I had planned on having 2, so when we had a girl followed by a boy 2 years later, we were thrilled! But I had this nagging feeling, especially when Hudson was almost 2, that I wasn't yet complete. I wanted another baby so badly. After a lot of discussion and a few months of trying, we conceived Ethan. His birth was scary and I thought to myself, even if I have that nagging feeling again, I will not go through labor again. (His heart rate had dropped so low I thought he was going to die...another story for another day.) I was pretty sure I was happy with my decision when 2 of my sisters and then my SIL were pregnant and I thought silently, "Thank God its not me."

So, with my baby days completely behind me, I can concentrate on my nearly 8-year-old days and my nearly 6-year-old days and of course my 3-year-olds days. Those 3-year-old days are tough...did I mention he peed in the yard at nursery school? Well, at least he's potty trained!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home