Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Who Are You?

Sometimes I look at my kids and think, "Who are you?" Like they were just beamed down at their current age and we have no history together. I keep forgetting their earlier ages. I barely remember the soft, warm hugs and snuggly baby days. What happened to them? I guess I am just so involved in their current life situations that my brain doesn't have room for much else. I mean, I do remember their babyhoods.... but I wonder, how did you get to be so old? How can you be in third grade already? Or first grade or preschool?..... how could potty training have been so diffucult and lasted SO long with Ethan when now he's running into the bathroom all by himself to do his business? I barely remember what I even complained about. So, I guess what I am saying to all of you who wonder, "How can I take one more day of potty training?" (Or colic, or not sleeping through the night...) This too shall pass... and it will be a distant memory...and life will chug along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home